House Warmings Design has a wonderful selection of French Lavender and pure Lavender soaps in store. Its a staple for us, there is nothing is more soothing and romantic than the soft scent of this lovely flower. Here's a quick list of a few of it's many wonderful uses:
- Crush dried lavender buds between your 2 fingers and gently inhale for an instant stress reliever or quick mood lifter.
- Try making some lavender tea. Just put one heaping tablespoon of the fresh or dried flowers in a tea pot, and pour boiling water into the pot. Infuse for about ten minutes. This tea calms the nerves, settles the stomach and “butterflies” and induces sleep.
- Add lavender oil or fresh flowers for a soothing bath.
- For a more restful sleep, wrap a handful of the dried flowers in a cheesecloth sachet, tie and throw in your pillowcase.
- To soothe a sunburn, add a few drops of the essential oil to water in a spray bottle, and mist sunburned skin.
- Apply lavender essential oil to insect bites and stings, cuts, scrapes and abrasions. Lavender is very anti-septic and helps destroy germs that can cause infections.
- Wrap a handful of lavender flowers in a square of cheesecloth and tie with a string. You can also drip a few drops of essential oil onto the sachet for an extra aromatherapy boost. Throw the sachet in your dryer to make your clothes smell great. This will freshen up to 25 dryer loads!