Elle Decor has just released their Favorite Rooms of 2011, and its certainly worth taking a closer look at these beautiful and inspiring spaces. We have picked our favorites from their list and would like to share them with you. As you can see from the photos below, the designers of these fabulous rooms have done a wonderful job of mixing modern with rustic, pale neutrals with bold colors, clean lines with ornate details, and mixing organic shapes with just a touch of sparkle... sounds to me a little bit like Urban Romance. Which one is your favorite space? See the rest of the rooms here.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
House Warmings Design has a wonderful selection of French Lavender and pure Lavender soaps in store. Its a staple for us, there is nothing is more soothing and romantic than the soft scent of this lovely flower. Here's a quick list of a few of it's many wonderful uses:
- Crush dried lavender buds between your 2 fingers and gently inhale for an instant stress reliever or quick mood lifter.
- Try making some lavender tea. Just put one heaping tablespoon of the fresh or dried flowers in a tea pot, and pour boiling water into the pot. Infuse for about ten minutes. This tea calms the nerves, settles the stomach and “butterflies” and induces sleep.
- Add lavender oil or fresh flowers for a soothing bath.
- For a more restful sleep, wrap a handful of the dried flowers in a cheesecloth sachet, tie and throw in your pillowcase.
- To soothe a sunburn, add a few drops of the essential oil to water in a spray bottle, and mist sunburned skin.
- Apply lavender essential oil to insect bites and stings, cuts, scrapes and abrasions. Lavender is very anti-septic and helps destroy germs that can cause infections.
- Wrap a handful of lavender flowers in a square of cheesecloth and tie with a string. You can also drip a few drops of essential oil onto the sachet for an extra aromatherapy boost. Throw the sachet in your dryer to make your clothes smell great. This will freshen up to 25 dryer loads!
Friday, February 10, 2012
10 wonderful reasons why you should choose Beeswax Honey Candles:
- They are Bee Friendly - Honey Candles manufacture only 100% pure beeswax candles that are bee-friendly and continue to support the beekeeping industry.
- Honey Candles® are Eco-Friendly - Unlike soy and paraffin waxes, beeswax is used essentially in its native state. There is no bleaching or hydrogenating and does not require large amounts of agricultural land. 100% pure beeswax is the purest and most natural of all waxes (including vegetable waxes such as soy) with the least processing and no additives.
- Our candles have a beautiful Warm Amber Glow - There is nothing quite like the warm amber glow of a 100% pure beeswax candle. In fact, based on the light spectrum, light emitted from a 100% pure beeswax candle is the closest to sunlight. Studies have shown that burning beeswax stimulates the pituitary gland, increasing intuition, creativity and heightening dream activity. Some say burning a 100% pure beeswax candle before bed helps them achieve a more restful sleep.
- Beeswax Candles are Air purifying - 100% pure beeswax candles have long been known for their air purifying effects and can greatly reduce dust and other allergens in your home. Burning 100% pure beeswax candles can help improve indoor air quality by producing negative ions which have the same effect as some houseplants.
- Long Burning - 100% pure beeswax naturally burns up to three times longer than paraffin. Many other candle waxes have additives to produce longer burn times. Our candles cost only pennies an hour to burn.
- Clean Burning - 100% pure beeswax is non-allergenic and recommended by the American Lung Association. 100% pure beeswax is best for those with allergies or sensitivities to scents. Recent studies have shown paraffin candles, especially scented ones, can increase indoor air pollution.
- Sweet Honey Aroma - The sweet honey aroma of 100% pure beeswax fills the air without added fragrance and dangerous toxins.
- Virtually Dripless - When trimmed correctly, 100% pure beeswax candles are virtually dripless when burned in a draft-free environment.
- Quality - 100% pure beeswax candles are known as the 'Cadillac of Candles.' However, not all 100% pure beeswax are made equally. Honey Candles® are very high-quality with a depth to the finish many other beeswax candles lack, the candles are smooth with no flakes, cracks or white spots.
- Honey Candles® are The Natural Choice - They are inspired by the natural beauty around them... 100% pure beeswax Honey Candles® are hand-made at their environmentally friendly shop overlooking Kootenay Lake in Southern British Columbia Canada, an area known for its pristine beauty. They are 100% Canadian owned and operated. And their 100% pure beeswax candles are made using sustainable business practices and manufacturing techniques.
Now, are you ready to switch to these fantastic natural gorgeous candles? House Warmings currently carries a wonderful selection of tealights, votives, columns, and even birthday candles.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
We came across this interesting and a bit challenging color test from X-Rite, the Global Leader in color science and technology, and thought we would share it with you. So if you LOVE color like we do, try it out to see if you are a color expert and let us know in the comments section how you did. What's your Color IQ?