Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cozy for Fall

Now that September is here I find myself thinking about cozying up my home for fall. This is a great time of the year now that the kids are back in school to think about your favorite space to make cozy. It might be as simple as changing the toss cushions and adding a throw.
In my case, my latest project is my bedroom. This is a room in my home that became forgotten through all my renovations. The main pieces are there but it's missing the "wow" factor. I have decided to reupholster the ottoman at the foot of the bed in a fabulous stripe fabric to compliment my headboard. Having a piece of furniture reupholstered can bring new life to it. I'll also add a few cushions and new bamboo bedding. I have a chair in the corner of the room that needs a side table and lamp and then I'll have a great little reading area.
You can also get big impact just from a can of paint. Try painting the wall behind your headboard or adding wallpaper to one wall. At HouseWarmings, we have a feature wall behind our bed. Come and check out what color we have chosen this month to compliment our new art work from WT designs. It's FABULOUS!! 
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment